personal injury

Personal Injury Law

Personal injury involves injury to an individual. While there are many types of personal injury actions, some of the most common include: automobile accidents, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, dog bites,product liability, and prescription drug malpractice. If you sustain injury as a result of someone else’s carelessness, you can recover for your injuries.
For many personal injury actions, different degrees of fault exist. Sometimes more than one person or party is at fault and financial and legal responsibility is apportioned among all of the wrongdoers. Other times, even the victim may be partly at fault, however, they may still have the right to recover damages from others. At trial, a jury will consider the injured person’s conduct as a percentage of the liability against the party being sued.For example, if you were driving your car a little over the speed limit when someone hit you, the jury might consider you 20% at fault and the other party 80% at fault.
If we are successful in proving that someone else is responsible for your injuries, we can recover a number of damages, including medical bills, lost wages, future medical bills and care, and other economic damages that you may have. We can also recover damages for pain and suffering, disfigurement, and loss of consortium. Generally, in Illinois you must file any such claim for these damages within two years. The exact timing of the statute can vary, and it is important to see an attorney to determine the applicable time limit for your case.
Here at Bach Law, we have over 40 years of combined experience helping individuals recover damages from those that have caused them harm. We are always happy to discuss your injury case with you, free of charge, with no payment due to us until we win your case.